“CORCOVADO” (“QUIET NIGHTS”)
featuring Miles Davis enters the charts!
The third single is receiving airplay on radio stations across the U.S.
Alexandra Jackson’s “Corcovado” (“Quiet Nights”) featuring Miles Davis, with Antonio Carlos Jobim & Ivan Lins — from the “Alexandra Jackson: Legacy & Alchemy” album — enters the charts playing on over 100 stations and channels:
Smooth Jazz Network Top 100 Chart: #54
SmoothJazz.com Chart: #38
SmoothJazz.com Indie Chart: #28
Billboard Smooth Jazz Chart: #1 Most Increased Plays (Last Week)
“Quiet Nights” was the JAZZIZ “song of the day,” and the “Corcovado” version is featured in the JAZZIZ Magazine Fall Edition, its September and October online editions, and its Fall JOD sampler.
JAZZIZ Magazine – Bossa Hit “Quiet Nights” Relives Its Past Courtesy of Vocalist Alexandra Jackson
ABOUT THE ALBUM: “ALEXANDRA JACKSON: LEGACY & ALCHEMY”
In 2018 we celebrate the 60th anniversary of Bossa Nova; in 2017 we celebrated the 100th anniversary of Samba; and the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics was a “once-in-a-lifetime opportunity” for Brazil music and its synergy with American Jazz to be reintroduced to the world on the largest stage ever. Legacy and Alchemy saw this as the moment in time to honor the great Brazilian music legacy.
The instant classic double CD also features the late Al Jarreau, Oscar Castro-Neves, Rod Temperton and Dona Ivone Lara, as well as Larry Dunn, Al McKay, Carlinhos Brown, Banda Black Rio, Hubert Laws, Siedah Garrett, Paulo Jobim, Daniel Jobim, Teo Lima, Armando Marcal, Paulo Calasans, Arthur Maia, Darryl Jones, Charles Floyd, and other Brazilian and American greats contributing to the historic album.
THE ALBUM SUCCESS
• 10 songs from album playing on the radio in 8 formats
• 4 songs from album playing on over 100+ Smooth Jazz stations (including “All One” featuring Al Jarreau, with Larry Williams & Oscar Castro-Neves charting #17 Billboard + Top 30 on 5 other charts, and “Brazilica” featuring Darryl Jones, Larry Dunn, Teo Lima, Armando Marcal & Maestro Charles Floyd with The Bossa Nova Noites Orquestra)
• “Stage” featuring Larry Dunn and Al McKay playing on UAC radio
• 5 songs from album playing on Sirius XM satellite radio on 5 programs (including “A Felicidade” featuring Paulo Jobim and Daniel Jobim)
• 9 songs from album playing / have played on over 50 stations in World Music / AAA / College formats
• Album playing on streaming channels: The Brazilian Hour / Global Village / Sounds of Brazil / AccuRadio
With CNN International recognizing Alexandra Jackson in the vanguard of re-launching Brazil music as contemporary music in the world, the project is off to a great start. Indeed, music from Ms. Jackson’s album is enjoying worldwide acceptance — playing in U.S., Brazil, Japan, Canada, Mexico, and across Europe, where the album debuted at #20 on World Music Charts Europe.
|This E Mail is being sent by:|